Remember when we defined “crunchy” a while back?
(That day was beautiful.)
Well, we also came up with the term “soggy” to represent products that were … well … the opposite of crunchy.
To take it further: I’d define “soggy” as being not-natural products that we either wouldn’t or shouldn’t buy based on their negative health impacts or the company’s complete disregard to the safety of the ingredients and the impact to the environment.
So … Clorox? Soggy. Products with mineral oil? Soggy. Brazilian blowouts? SUPER soggy.
Got it? Good.
Now let’s put that knowledge to work for us.
Introducing: Is It Soggy or Crunchy Product Evaluations
I get a good deal of products from companies that want me to write about what they’re selling. This is a blessing and a curse, because sometimes I get products that almost pass muster into my wanting to help the company promote them.
These almost passing muster products sit around nagging me and I lament them, because I think the companies really mean well, I’m just not completely sold on whether you will feel like they fit into your life. They typically stand a hair shy of what I, personally, would consider crunchy.
But that’s just me. That’s just my opinion. (For all that’s worth.)
So I’m going to start putting the viability of these products into YOUR hands for a while. You’re going to learn about them, and about what I think about them – and then YOU get to vote on whether you think they’re crunchy or soggy.
Why Are We Doing This?
My reasons (as I explain in the video below) are threefold:
- It will help us better examine our decision making processes when we buy products – and it will give a healthy look at ingredients and what to say no to.
- You get to learn about new, fun products that you might not have known about otherwise, but you ALSO get to determine whether you think they fit into your own personal crunchy ideal.
- WE get to tell companies what we think of their concepts, what they can improve on, and how they can woo us over.
I think occasionally purchasing products and being crunchy go hand-in-hand, if we all work together to create things we want to buy that fits into our lives accordingly. (And this really was an inspiration from a bit of a snafu that Jenn at Green Phone Booth ran into when dealing with a company who didn’t care for input. We need to open dialogues, so we’re all happy, healthy, and successful.)
Now here’s the first product we’re going to look at:
VitalWave Positive Herbal Spray – Crunchy or Soggy?
Here’s the video where I talk about all of this, and below you’ll find a brief summary of the product (if you don’t want to watch a video).
VitalWave Positive Herbal Spray is a concentration of herbs in a tincture. Basically, it’s herbal medicine. You squirt two sprays in your mouth three times a day, with the hopeful result of having a more positive mindset over time. (They also make sprays for sleep and for energy.)
The ingredients are:
- Polygala Tenuifola (yuan zhi root) – a Chinese herb used to calm the spirit and quiet the heart
- Red Sandalwood Bark – stimulating to the mind, and grounding
- Mimosa Bark – known in China as the “collective happiness bark” and used for harmony, as well as calming
- Lavender Flowers – calming, mood stabilizing
- Blue Violet Leaves – cleansing, detoxifying
- Squawvine aerial parts – purifying, great for women
- Inactive ingredients: Vegetable glycerine, water, <5% alcohol, natural cherry flavor
- Works on two levels: The herbs (hopefully) help you balance your mood, and the “positive” reminder three times a day helps you stay in a positive mindset
- Herbs/flowers are either organic or wildcrafted
- EASY way to incorporate herbal medicine (and a smidge of Chinese medicine) into your life on a daily basis
- Great as a gift for someone you love who might have issues with negativity
- I’m not sure what the “natural cherry flavor” actually consists of, as labeling standards in the definition of “natural” are a little fuzzy
- Pretty expensive: One bottle is $29.95
My score? 3.5 on the crunchiness scale, making it almost crispy.
NOW YOU VOTE!
Does this product sound crunchy to you? Is it something you’d buy for yourself or a loved one? Taking in all the pros and cons I’ve mentioned and you’ve thought of yourself, does it deserve to be considered more crunchy or super soggy?
Run your mouse over the top of the apples to see each corresponding designation – and tell us which you think it is.
VITALWAVE POSITIVE MIND SPRAY – CRUNCHY OR SOGGY?
Here’s what you can do in the comments:
- Leave a note to the company telling them why you love it (or why you don’t) and what you think can be improved on that might woo you their way.
- Share your own DIY ways to incorporate herbs into your life that promote positivity – or little ways that you have found to remain positive throughout the day.
Also, let me know if you enjoy doing this, and we’ll do it two or three times a month from now on. I still have three or four more things here I’d like to share to get YOUR opinion.
Can’t wait to hear what you guys think!