Today starts a new day for you. For us all.
Starting today, we’re going to wash our faces with honey – at least once a day. Honey. And water.
Don’t forget the first rule of the Crunchy Betty Honey Challenge: Talk about the Crunchy Betty Honey Challenge. You can recruit people as often as you’d like – even in the middle – and don’t forget all the goodies you can grab at this page for free to help you with that (bloggers, take note). That’s where you get that kitschy button over there at the top ——>
The first part of the challenge consists of washing only a face that’s free of makeup. So for the first week, you’ll either want to wash with honey only in the morning, or twice a day if you don’t wear makeup during the day. Next Monday, I’ll show you a variation you can use to get rid of makeup (or just keep doing your oil cleansing, too … that’s fine!)
I’ll answer some questions after the introduction on how to do it (and you’ll also find a video I sang on, shot, and produced to help you learn how to do it). It’s not hard. In fact, it’s probably the easiest face washing you’ve ever done.
Why You Want to Wash Your Face With Honey
- It is antibacterial and antimicrobial. It will get off any lingering nastiness that’s thinking about setting up camp on your face and creating pimples.
- It is slightly drying which means it helps soak up any pimples or oiliness.
- It is also incredibly moisturizing. Seems like a double standard, doesn’t it? But it’s true. Honey sinks into your skin and moisturizes like you wouldn’t believe. (Remember Cleopatra and her honey baths to look young?)
- It imparts all kinds of beneficial enzymes that work at scrubbing your face for you, as well as perform a little anti-aging action.
- It’s great for acne, aging skin, normal skin, dry skin … honey loves EVERY SKIN TYPE.
- It is healing and helps repair acneic sores and scars.
- It’s 100%, absolutely, positively natural, great for your skin, and such a SIMPLE addition to your routine!
How to Wash Your Face With Honey
We’re going to get into all the different types of honey there are to choose from on Wednesday, but for now just know that if your honey says “raw” and “pure” on it, it’s fine.
How to Wash Your Face With Honey
First, remember that these directions are for washing a face that doesn’t have makeup on it. Honey alone doesn’t take off all the goopy gunk, so next Monday I’ll show you the three little (natural) additions you can make to get all the makeup off – and still enjoy the benefits of a honey wash.
For now, if you wear makeup, just continue to take it off the way you normally do, and incorporate the honey wash into your morning, pre-makeup routine.
Here are your wash instructions:
- Tie your hair back or get it out of your face. (Honey makes hair really sticky.)
- Pour 1/2-ish teaspoon of honey into the palm of your hands and rub your hands together for 2-3 seconds, just to warm up the honey.
- Place the honey on your face and massage it in for a minute or two – all around, don’t forget an inch of face.
- Optional – leave the honey sitting there on your face for 5 or 10 minutes, just so your skin can drink the goodness in.
- Rinse a few times with water. You’ll be surprised at how quickly and easily it rinses off!
- Bask in the beauty that is your face now.
If you want visual directions, here’s a silly little video I made (I was a bit loopy). Yes, that’s me singing, acting silly, and annoying my cat.
And, yes, that really is all there is to it.
All total, if you don’t leave it on as a mask for a while, it takes all of 2-3 minutes.
So what’s the challenge in that?
Sign Up and Wash Your Face With Honey EVERY DAY for Two Weeks
The challenge is in doing it every day, without fail, for two weeks.
The challenge is sticking with it until you see fantastic results.
So, right here, in the comments, you are going to leave a message telling me you are signing up for the challenge.
And when you leave a comment, you’re taking this sacred oath (you don’t have to repeat it, just know that by commenting, you’re TAKING THE OATH OF CRUNCH):
I, (insert your name here), solemnly swear to wash my face with honey every day for two weeks, no exceptions, no excuses.
When you leave your comment, your name will be added to a super special email list – and I will send out an email once to everyone participating, just to check up on you.
Signing up in the comments on this page also adds you to the drawing list, because at the end of the challenge: I will be giving away TWO (2) bottles of raw Colorado honey to TWO (2) people. (Thank the four (4) lovely ladies who have donated over the weekend for that one!)
And, yes, you can sign up on this page at any time in the next two weeks to be entered to win.
Don’t forget! On the last day of the challenge (Friday, July 29th), we’ll have a linky party for bloggers to link their honey-washing posts, so we can all share the fun together.
If you have any questions throughout the challenge, I URGE YOU TO VISIT THIS COMMUNITY POST and ask them there. That way, if I’m not around for some reason, some other great, knowledgeable community member can help you out.
And please, for the love of cheese, don’t forget to:
- Tweet the Challenge to your friends.
- Like the Challenge on Facebook!
- And +1 the Challenge on Google+!
Are you in?
ARE YOU IN?
I can’t hear you.
ARE YOU TAKING THE CRUNCHY BETTY HONEY CHALLENGE?
PS – If you think it doesn’t matter whether or not you buy raw, unfiltered honey, it does. Check out the second post in the Crunchy Betty Honey Challenge: Why the @&#* Does It Matter What Honey I Buy?
And if you want to know how to remove your makeup with honey (and a few other things), visit this post here.