Maybe you’re new here.
Maybe you’ve stopped by a time or two.
Or maybe you’ve been with me from the very beginning. (Bless your little pea-pickin’ hearts.)
Regardless of where you are in your crunchy life, I thought this might help you out.
These – of the scads o’ entries Crunchy Betty holds thus far – are what I consider the best, most authoritative, and most helpful posts I’ve done. Up until this moment. There are so many to come, too. So, like, stick around, yo. You never know what might happen next. (Seriously. Look at my life.)
Before we get to the meat of it all, I have one last thing to say.
My original intention with doing this was to highlight crunchtastic comments from each of the posts – as a way to thank you guys for really, really being there with me on this. However, you people leave freakin’ novels sometimes! And it seemed most of my favorites were the ones that were over 100 words.
So I had to ditch the idea (looks like the need for brevity is a theme in my blog right now). Instead, I’m going to give the name of one of my favorite commenters after the link, and if you so choose, you can go on a treasure hunt for it.
Plus, that way you get to read all the other amazing comments! And, to be honest, sometimes the comments here are the best part.
Please note: Just because I picked one for each post doesn’t mean I didn’t love YOURS with all my heart.
Enough talking, Betty. Brevity.
General Reference Posts
- 7 Important Natural Skincare Ingredients (That You Probably Don’t Have But Might Want (Adorable comment: Lindsay from Designer Wife)
- Food On Your Face: Why You Should Go Organic (Notable comment: Kim from Zen Kitchen)
- Food On Your Face: Honey – (Informational comment: Janette from Health Benefits of Honey)
- 10 Foods You Have in Your Kitchen that Could Be on Your Face (Local love comment: Lisa from Grandma’s Briefs)
- 19 Handy Things to Do With a Little Leftover Lemon (Lemony-fresh comment: Kim from Confabulicious)
- Food On Your Face (and Hair!): Yogurt (Tried it and loved it comment!: Melissa Borchert AND Cathy!)
- 3+ Ways to Dissolve Cellulite Without Breaking a Sweat (Lovin’ the same thing comment: GirlyGreenGirl)
Facial Masks and Treatments
- No-Nonsense Daily Scrub for Any Skin Type (Cap’n Crunch comment: Poppy from Funny or Snot)
- Moisturizing Corn Milk and Lavender Facial Toner (Tried it and loved it comment: My Mother – M.)
- one small thing: baking soda microdermabrasion (Zen Wisdom comment: Ash)
- Farmer’s Market Facials: Pumpkin (Ego-stroking comment: Lori from In Pursuit of Martha Points)
- Beauty Secrets from Around the World: Turmeric (Melt-my-heart comment: Lita’s World – and new-reader love comment: Fernleafify)
- Acne-Busting Aspirin and Honey Mask and Toner (Great conversation comment: Jessica Anne from Adventures With Three Girls)
- Brightening Strawberry-Kiwi Facial Polish (Hooty-hoot comment: Jillsy from Jillsygirl)
- Mocha-Frappuccino Mask: Coffee, Cocoa and Honey (Brave comment: Erin from Oh Honestly, Erin – psst, see her in the Gallery here)
- 27 Quick and Crunchy Home Remedies for Pimples (To-the-point comment: Lora Lynne from Vita Familiae)
- Crunchy Betty’s Top 5 Puffy Face Treatments (It-works! comment: Alex)
Hair Masks and Rinses
- 5 Foods You Have in Your Kitchen that Should Be On Your Hair (Educational comments: Carter @ The Kitchenette)
- Store-Bought Dry Shampoo?? No! Crunch On This Instead! (Best. Comment. Ever: Erica)
- Rosemary and Lavender Softening Hair Rinse (Shiny happy comment: Stephanie from MIBIBIFI)
- Avocado Facial Mask and Hair Mask (Amazing recipes comment: Kim)
Household Recipes and Home Remedies
- Best Homemade Bathroom Cleaner Ever (Handy suggestion comment: Kristin from Peace, Love, and Muesli)
- Elderberry Cough & Cold Syrup Recipe: Video Tutorial! (Perfect timing comment: Stacy from Delighting in the Days)
- Daily Sparkly Shower Spray (Fellow greenie comment: Robin from Toxic Beauty)
- Originality: Homemade Laundry Detergent (Family blogging comment: Lesa from Hey Mothers, Let’s Be Sisters)
- Your Natural Medicine Cabinet: Home Remedies for Coughs and Colds (Always-awesome-comments comment: Pixie!)
- Your Natural Medicine Cabinet: Remedies for Cuts, Scrapes, and Burns (Boys-are-dumb comment: Sheri from Old Tweener)
- Homemade Deodorant: All Roads Lead to the Pits (Heck yeah comment: Rebecca from Jerbecca)
- Buddha, Freakonomics, and the Placebo Effect in Homemade Beauty (Spread-it-far-and-wide comment: Mumsy, Jr)
- Epic Guide to Making Your Own Chai Tea (Indian charm comment: Christine)
- Make Your Own Love Balm (More sexy recipes comment: Hilda from Hilda Blue)
- Life, Death and the Alzheimer’s in Between (Heartfelt sympathy comment: Jamie from Lyrical Journey)
- The Unexpected Side Effect to Gradually Going Green (Smart philosophical comment: Yuliya from She Suggests)
Holy Crunchola, People
First, I was amazed by how many posts I had to wade through. I don’t remember writing this much. I think I’ve been blacking out and blogging.
And what’s linked here? It’s not even HALF of what is on this site. So keep poking around.
Secondly, this took me HOURS to do, because I had to stop and cry several times because of all the wonderful things y’all have said over the months.
Here’s to many, many months more – of me, rambling. And you, being awesome.
To close this off, I have a question:
What didn’t you see here, in this ginormous list, that you were hoping to see? What haven’t I covered yet that you’d like to know?
I heart you.